Orange Miso Glazes Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp of mellow miso paste
- 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter
- Peel the 4 sweet potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the sweet potatoes for 8 minutes, or until they are softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the orange juice, miso and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer, and make sure the miso gets dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture from the saucepan into a bowl, and add the arrowroot powder and mix it together.
- Pour the new mixture into the saucepan, and whisk around with the vegan butter.
- Turn the heat off for the saucepan.
- Put the sweet potato slices onto a baking dish, and cover it with the glaze.
- Cook for 20 minutes.