Thanksgiving Roasted Green Beans and Brussels Sprouts
Who doesn’t love a big dish of delicious roasted greens to go with a hearty thanksgiving meal. Well, perhaps some of the kids are less than keen, but honestly these tasty green beans and brussels sprouts come out soft, juicey, hot and devine, ready for eating. Interestingly; many people think they are called Brussel Sprouts rather than Brussels Sprouts, but as they are named after the city in Belgium, the correct term is Brussels Sprouts.
- 500 grams of brussels sprouts
- 200 grams of green beans
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cups of simulated bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degree Celsius).
- Wash the green beans and brussels sprouts.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half.
- Cut the ends off the green beans.
- Put the green beans and brussels sprouts in a baking pan.
- Pour the oil and maple syrup over them.
- Season with salt.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and mix well.
- Place in the over for 20-22 minutes or until the veggies are cooked the way you prefer.
- Top with the simulated bacon bits (optional).