EPIC VEGAN CORNBREAD RECIPE
This is an absolutely delicious and epic vegan cornbread recipe that I’ve used many times. It’s light and fluffy, moist, tasty, filling and just such a great companion to so many beautiful meals. It takes about 5 minutes prep with 20 minutes cook time, so it’s very easy to throw into the oven and have it ready to go with your main meal, and it looks super impressive, and delivers on taste.
Important tip: make sure you preheat the oven dish you are going to cook in, it helps give you that crisp, firm outer layer while keeping the inside moist and fluffy.
- 1 – cup all purpose flour
- 1 – cup yellow corn meal or polenta
- 1/4 – cup brown sugar
- 1 – tablespoon baking powder
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 1 – cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 – tablespoons honey
- 1/4 – cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F along with your lightly oiled oven dish
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt
- Make a well in the middle, and stir in the almond milk, honey and canola oil
- Remove the oven dish (careful it’s hot) and pour in the batter and bake for 23 minutes
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving
It’s so delicious, it’s almost like eating cake, you can enjoy it with a meal or on its own.